Monday 11 June 2018

Statement of intent:

Statement of intent:

The concept of my magazine is an Anti-steriotype of typical teenagers which will be expressed by fashion. Most people beleive that teens are scruffy, and immature, wearing tracksuits however this isnt always the case - the outfits that my models will be wearing will be high end and mature, such as shirts, and trousers, nevertheless the outfits will still express the idea of individuality through colour and unusual looking outfits. I will manifest two different representations in my magazine. I will have a caucasian model with their hair tied in a man bun, wearing a purple shirt , with a black shirt jacket over the top, the model will also be wearing black boots and black ripped jeans. This outfit represents the mature, smart look, however the bright purple brings out the models individualism and personality which takes away the seriousness of the magazine. My next model will be a african male wearing a striped purple shirt, along with striped golf trousers, this will appeal to other cultures making my magazine ethnically diverse, inspiring other young, black men to dress/keep dressing in this sophisticated style. The theme of purple in both models outfits is significant due to the fact that the colour manifests royalty, power, and ambition. Purple also represents meanings of wealth, extravagance, and creativity which is what my magazine represents. For my first front cover I will shoot in a urban area with tools in the background creating a paradox between the smart clothes and the messy area, I feel that this creates an antisteriotype of typical smart clothing by being in a area which looks neglected which my target audeince may feel is a 'cool' way of dressing sophisticated- I will also use this area for one of my contents pages. I plan to shoot my second front cover and contents page in a black studio to put emphasis on the outfits in contrast to the hectic setting in the first front cover and contents page .
My magazine webiste will be simplistic and modern using sans serif font to project the modern day view that I am portraying of teenagers with a range of quotes from famous fashion icons which will further attract my target audience of teenagers into the fashion industry. For my audio visual I will take inspiration from clothing websites such as Stone Island and ASOS by shooting a short clip of my model adjusting his outfit, which gives the viewer a clear look at the outfit. I will use the Prince track- purple rain as it is a well know song with a calm feel to it which will be a good edition to the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment